The Scout is good for companies that have small, large or multiple locations or minimal supervision that leaves opportunity for time theft and buddy punching.
The InfiniTime Scout Hand Geometry reader brings the flexibility of a full function time and attendance terminal together with the sophistication of the most accurate biometric identification technology available.
Using field-proven biometric technology, the InfiniTime Scout Hand Geometry reader uses the size and shape of the user’s hand to verify their identity each time they use the terminal. This practical and precise solution makes card-based systems obsolete.
The hand reader is very durable and capable of withstanding harsh conditions. Enclosures for cold, wet and dry environments are available.
How It Works
The user friendly menus make the InfiniTime Scout very easy to use. From the menu, users are able to quickly choose activities they want to complete. The user can transfer departments, enter tips, etc. The menu walks the user through the entire process.
The reader is equipped with an infrared camera that takes a three dimensional image of the user’s hand each and every time the user accesses the terminal. The image of the user’s hand is then compared to the previous hand scan and based on a computer algorithm; the machine determines whether or not the hands are the same. The ability to compare scans from day to day compensates for any weight gain or loss that occurs over a period of time.
At the time of the hand scan, the time and date of the event is stored into the internal memory. That data is then sent to the InfiniTime Time and Attendance System where it is scanned for exceptions, generated into reports and then passed on to payroll for check processing
- Eliminate employee time theft
- Eliminate buddy punching
- Eliminate the cost of badges and time cards
- Reduce payroll preparation costs and time
- Reduce overtime by locking out early punches
- Data collection at the terminal takes only seconds
- Instantly access employee data across a network
- Track late, early, unscheduled, and missed punches
- Biometrics eliminate the hassles of badge systems
- Simple access codes make it quick to clock in/out
- Biometric Technology forces users to be on time
- Download data only when you need it
- Direct connection to the computer via RS-232
- Internal 10mb/100mb TCP/IP connection
- Size: 8.85″ (width) x 11.65″ (height) x 8.55″ (depth)
- Weight: 6-7 lbs with optional backup battery
- Power: 12-27 VCD or 12-27 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 7W
- Operational Temperature: (5°C to 70°C)
- Non-Operational Temperature: (-10°C to 60°C)
- Hand Verification Time: 1 second or less
- Retention: 5 years using an internal lithium battery
- User Capacity: 100
- External Ports: RS-232, 10mb/100mb TCP/IP
- Static TCP/IP Address: Required