InfiniTime Payroll Based Journal
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has brought many requirements for employers, from providing healthcare insurance to reporting coverage information to the IRS. Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) is a result of one of those new employer mandates, and it specifically affects nursing homes and long-term care facilities (including skilled nursing facilities).
The Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) have begun collecting staffing and census information from these providers on a mandatory basis on July 1, 2016. This will include full-time staff as well as agency and contract staff.
Long-term care providers aren’t in this alone. CMS has created a free system for facilities to use to submit this information called Payroll-Based Journal.
How it Works
The InfiniTime Workforce Management system can be used to collect all of the information needed for the Payroll-Based Journal. Payroll-Based Journal requires detailed employee and time & attendance data to be gathered with specific job tracking data gathered. There are specific job descriptions that need to have all of the hours tracked so the hours can be reported to CMS. The employees can easily indicate each job they perform via the InfiniTime labor tracking system.
They can transfer between job descriptions with a one-step transaction via a timeclock, smartphone application, or web page. InfiniTime can package the data required for Payroll-Based Journal and when it is time to submit the information to CMS it is simply uploaded.
- Includes Scheduling, Accruals, and Much More
- Use The Data For Payroll
- Based Journal Employees
- Use The System For Time & Attendance For Non-Payroll
- Reduce Labor Management Time with Real Time Data
- No Special Service Charges
- Track up To Three Levels Of Job Costing
- Configure Shift Differential
- Ability To Limit Departments, Jobs, and Tasks
- Use Mobile App, Biometric Time Clock, and/or Web Interface
Features & Extras
- No Cost Feature
- XML Data Formatted Per CMS Specifications
- View Direct Hours By Employee Job
- Add or Edit Before Submission
- Central Management
- Gather Agency and Temporary Information Separately
- Submit Accurately
- No Non-CMS External Services Required
- Transfer File Automatically Emailed Each Quarter
- All data Directly exported From InfiniTime Data
- Ensure CMS Compliance
- No Special Requirement For Employees
- Employees Can Simply Punch In/Out
- Data Can Be Edited Before Submission
The Payroll-Based Journal feature of the InfiniTime Workforce Management System helps long term providers easily track time & attendance data. The employees simply clock in and out. InfiniTime then organizes the time & attendance data for the Payroll-Based Journal submission. The job information is attached to the time & attendance information automatically. A simple export is done when it is time to submit the information to the Payroll-Based Journal reporting system. The long term care facility then imports the specialized XML file. The only other requirement is for the long term care facility to enter the census data for the period. With that complete, the reporting is complete.
Required Software: InfiniTime and the CMS Reporting
Required Authorization: Long Term Facility is Required to Get Authorization From www.CMS.gov